Opening an Demat and Trading Account on Groww is a simple process. The process of opening an account is completely online, paperless and takes few minutes to open a demat and trading account.
What are the documents required to open a trading and demat account on Groww Online?
Please find the below list of documents to keep in handy when you are opening a trading and demat account in Groww. The below list of documents mentioned are only for resident or Indian Individual Account.
- Scan copy of the PAN Card.
- Scan copy of Aadhar Card.
- Mobile Number which linked with your Aadhar Card.( Mandatory for validation of your Aadhar for online process of opening account)You must have an active mobile number linked with your Aadhar Card for e-sign/DigiLocker process which would require OTP for verification.
- Cancelled cheque Or Bank Statement or Passbook Front Page for linking your bank account. Cheque submitted should have your name mentioned on it. The Bank Statement submitted should have MICR code, IFSC code, account number printed on it.
- Photo or scanned copy of your signature for uploading in to the portal. ( Please use pen for signing on a blank paper.
- Income Proof ( Optional) Required if you would like to trade in Future and Options: Equity, Commodity and Currency.
Documents accepted as Income Proof are Form 16, IT Returns, 6 Month Bank Statement, Latest Salary Slip, Net worth certificate from a CA.
Step by Step process for opening an account in Groww
Visit https://groww.in/open-demat-account and click on ‘Open a Demat Account” to start the process of opening an account. Enter your Email Address or Login with Gmail ID
Enter your mobile number and click on verify your number. Please enter the OTP received on your mobile number.
Now you should enter your PAN number and click Verify Pan to continue.
In the next screen, enter your date of birth, Gender, Married status, nationality.
In this screen, enter your KYC details such as Occupation type, annual income, Fathers Name, Mothers Name and click next to continue.
In this step, you need to add nominee details for mutual. Click Next to Continue.
In this step you need to select your bank, enter the IFSC code and select the branch and enter your bank account number. Once you have successfully enter your bank account number, Groww would your bank account number and other details, by crediting INR 1 in to your account.
In this step, you need to select the experience you have in Stock Market.
In this step you need to take your photo, provide access to your camera and click your photo
In this step you need to verify your signature, by drawing your signature.
This step is Aadhaar based e-sign. In this process, you have to submit your Aadhaar number to the e-sign service and will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number linked to your Aadhaar.
Read the Demat account opening form carefully and click on ‘Sign Now’ to proceed.
You will be redirected to NSDL electronic signature service. Here you need to enter your Aadhar number and click on Send OTP. Enter the OTP received on your mobile number to complete the E-Sign Process.
Once you have been successfully verified, you will a screen which says Signed successfully, which is followed by a screen which says “You can start investing Now”. Click on Let’s start to proceed.
You will be redirected to home page of website. Please note that it might take few hours for the verification to complete.